The DWLA Foundation was formed in 2017 to support women lawyers, women and children, and the mission and work of the Dallas Women Lawyers Association. In order to accomplish these goals, the Foundation seeks to make charitable grants to organizations that support women and children in the Dallas metropolitan area and surrounding suburbs including through:
- Empowering women to advance growth in themselves along with their children and families;
- Improving the delivery of legal services to women, children, and their families;
- Charitable and educational activities in support of law-related research and education;
- Improving administration of justice for women and children;
- Remembering the contributions of women through historical preservation and observances;
- Engaging in activities that work to reduce and/or eliminate barriers for women to entry into the legal profession, including, without limitation, providing educational assistance, childcare assistance, and access to resources (such as career appropriate clothing and safe housing);
- Supporting gender diversity in the legal profession to increase the number of women partners and general counsel so that the number of women partners and general counsel reflect the number of women that seek and complete a legal education;
- Providing training, mentoring, and support to women of all ages and stages, including young girls, high school students and college students who may be interested in pursuing a legal career; law students; new lawyers; and more experienced lawyers; and
- Providing resources to women lawyers to assist with the development of their legal practice, including continuing legal education, career counseling and assistance with establishing their own law firms.
If your organization’s activities are aligned with the goals of the Foundation and you have a specific project for which you require financial support, we encourage you to submit an application for consideration. Please note grants cannot be used for operating expenses. Grant awards are typically between $500 and $3,000.
APPLICATION DEADLINE –APRIL 26